It is critical that all those active in the GA world have proper insurance cover, whether for their aircraft or businesses.
While aircraft range from microlights to fixed-wing and rotary wing craft, to balloons and even future eVTOLs, businesses range from training schools to maintenance organisations to the airfields themselves.
For all airfield, aircraft and other aviation-related insurance sold by Approach Aviation, GAAC receives a proportionate donation. Note that some GA associations that support the GAAC have their own relationships with insurers.
Insurance for General Aviation Businesses
Approach Aviation Insurance Services provides a range of insurance products to General Aviation businesses in the UK and Europe.
For example its hangar-keeper’s liability cover was recently provided to a Maintenance organisation in Bournemouth, and it recently insured a flight training organisation.
Approach Aviation has excellent links with the market including Lloyds and is FCA authorised being a trading name of Export & General Insurance Services Limited, a broker specialising in providing tailored products arranged with leading underwriters.
It is also able to offer aircraft insurance and product liability insurance, among other things, and through leading underwriter Global Aerospace has also started to offer insurance for airports and airfields.
Airfield Insurance with Global Aerospace
Global Aerospace is a leading provider of insurance to the worldwide aerospace community. The company’s experience dates back to the 1920s, and it has demonstrated leadership, innovation and a customer-first attitude ever since. It’s customers benefit from working with an independent aviation insurance specialist that understands the challenges of the industry.
General Aviation Airfield Insurance Policyholders can expect:
- Affordable, comprehensive coverage
- Annual premium payment for easy budgeting
- Electronically issued policies through your broker
- 24 hour underwriting and claims service
The benefits of Global Aerospace’s policy wording:*
- Motor legal liability coverage. Provides coverage for the use of vehicles within the confines of an airport/airfield (excluding road traffic act or equivalent) which would ordinarily be excluded from motor policies.
- Property damage to vehicle not owned, rented or leased by the Insured, but in their care, custody, or control.
- Legal protection. Insurers will defend the Insured when a suit is brought against them and reimburse legal costs and expenses in addition to the limit of liability.
- Liability arising out of the supply of food and drink by the Insured at their covered premises.
- Coverage at any premises used by the Insured in connection with their business as airfield operator/owner.
- Drafted by in-house policy wording specialists and regularly reviewed to maintain relevancy.
For further details and quotes, please visit Approach Aviation Insurance website.
Approach Aviation is a unit of Export & General Insurance Services